blue background

Monday, February 14, 2011

hmmm... which toy shall I play with?

Gavin has been full of action lately!  He is really starting to be his own person.  Now that he is mobile enough to go where he wants and pick what he wants to play with it is facinating to me to watch him learn, play, and enjoy life.  (ahh the simple life.. watching lights and listening to songs) I know I wrote about what he likes to play with last blog, but I have been trying to capture him really moving around the room to play with toys.  This was the best video of his action that I could get.  Now mind you he had already been playing and talking for 20ish minutes before I shot this.. so what you are going to see is him about to be over doing it by hisself.


A normal playtime consists of Gavin playing on the floor and me placing some toys (usually we keep them on a rotation)  in front of him. He is either on his belly or these days he likes to sit up to play with his race cars, his tool box, and his singing machine.  I will then usually be on the floor very close to him.. to catch him when he falls backward, give him more toys when he is bored and to keep cody away from him (so he won't get bit) 
Gavin has grown very attached to me as of late.  I can't say that I don't love it... I can just envison where this is going to head in a month or so (only wanting mommy).  Whenever I am in a room with him and someone else has him.. he holds out his arms to me and whines.  If josh is changing his diaper and I walk in the room he will instantly start crying.  (wonderful!)  But I do love my little man. 

The last 16 days (including weekends) Gavin has only gone to daycare 3 days.  A wonderful thing for Gavin and mommy!  This week he had to go to the doc because we knew that he had an ear infection.  Well it turned out to be 2 ear infections!  Yikes.  He was a sick little boy who was still smiling and laughing.  He never tugged at his ears or had  a high fever..   I am thinking that everytime he is teething he is going to get an ear infection.  Time will tell!  At the doc he was weighed in at 20 pounds! Big thick boy! 

Yesterday Feb. 12th -- Gavins 8th month birthday he actually crawled his first two "steps" for mommy and daddy!  I give him about a week before he is off and running.  He is getting very frustrated wanting to go somewhere but not really moving.  Both hands are now going forward but he still has to get those knees to go with him. !!! 

Today Josh and I got to have a date !!! We went to our very first movie since Gavin was born... We had a wonderful Valentines celebration.  I do love my three Valentines- Josh Gavin and Cody!  Here are some pictures from today.  (I am trying to make sure to get pictures of Gavin with us.. as we usually only get pics of him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment